Asangba Tzudir

My photo
I am what i am...The Bright Side - "So Others May Live" And The Not So Bright Side - "Impatience."
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 20, 2008

An Encounter With Happiness

I am a lukewarm Christian because of the fact that I hardly pray or read the Bible. So my knowledge of the Bible is very limited. I am not trying to offer an excuse for this but I would like to take into account two Bible verse which I feel is a compact form of the Bible and also the very core of Christian teaching. The first verse is from the book of Jeremiah 29:11 which says, “For I know the plans I have for you, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future.” This second verse is from the book of Thessalonians 5:16-24. It says, “Be joyful always; Pray continually; Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not treat the prophecies with contempt, test everything, hold on to the good, avoid every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it.” These Bible verse gives us hope, teaches us the way we ought to live and how we should prepare ourselves for our final destination.

I have my own way of communicating with God, not through prayers but through songs. Most of the time (instead of praying) I sing his praises before going to bed. I love to sing…this is my only source of Happiness. There are times when life’s realities are severe and harsh and my abilities find it difficult to face, I just strum my guitar and sing and behold, my heart is filled with immense happiness, which no one in this world can give. It is through Jesus that blesses eternal happiness. So no matter what the situation and circumstances I am in, I’ll keep on
'encountering happiness.'

Asangba Tzudir

No comments: